Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Montessori/Waldorf-y Blog You Should Read Right Now

Okay, so, first of all, it was fun making my little newsletter, but out of 80 subscribers and 130 blog followers on blogger, I got feedback from about 5 people, so, forget it, I'm not doing it. It's too time consuming for that little lovin'. So, I'll just post things as I come across them.

I came across an awesome Montessori blog that has, among other things, a calendar system a lot like the one I just set up, the exact same play dough recipe we use, and  a post about making her own butter. I want everyone to know that I am not copying her. She just happens to have some of my more awesome qualities. (wink, wink). Also, she takes better pictures. My camera sucks and I have no photography skills, and I am convinced that this is why I don't have thousands of followers, and not because I am abrasive and post only infrequently.

Get to the blog, already!

Counting Coconuts (CLICK HERE) has this going on:

Free Printables including a few nomenclature cards and some calendar awesomeness.

Lego Math ideas.

This homemade calendar that includes moon phases and a prayer-of-the-day, which is a brilliant idea I may steal with inspirational quotes.

Also, knitting, a nature table, arts and crafts, theme units, and a brand new delicious baby to coo over. I'd post a picture of the baby but that's really creepy to post pictures of strangers' babies on your blog.


  1. Thanks! Need all kinds of ideas for homeschooling right now, feeling very uninspired.

  2. That calendar is just what I needed to see! I have this old cork board that is just sitting around and now I know what to do with it. You are the bestest fairy goddess mother EVER!

  3. Oooooo....I DO want to be a fairy goddess!!!

  4. Hi, i am so into the lego math and the calendar. That calendar reminds me of when life was a little simpler and not plastic when i was in kindergarten. So, thanks for the throwback. And BTW I am your new follower. Thank you for sharing all of your great ideas and beautiful materials. Please check out my blog: and use anything you like.